Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Hosepipe bans...

On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 13:43:47 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 10:15:23 +0100, "NY" wrote:

wrote in message
On 25/07/2018 09:31, Jim K wrote:
Do hosepipe bans apply to private water supplies?

No, which is why I've just reactivated an old well and am digging-in 150m
of MDPE. Next job is to fit a pressure switch to control the pump
automagically.

So you are allowed to use a hosepipe to siphon bathwater out of the bath
onto plants or lawn,

I didn't think that was permitted. A hosepipe ban is just that: no
hoses, for anything, if you're on a mains supply. They expect you to
carry it around in watering cans, whether it comes from a water butt,
kitchen sink or bath. BICBW, and it may differ from region to region.

I used a hosepipe during a ban in the '90s - the hot water cylinder had a
drip that resulted in fungus growing under it and a stain on the ceiling.
A hose was the only way to empty it and I ran the water into the water butts
- no point in wasting it.
Th base of the cylinder is a good lid for one of the butts.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away