Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default The Kitchen Bookcases - Finally Done

On 7/24/2018 12:48 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Speaking of the window...I'm glad I measured the both sides of the wall
before I started building. That window is not centered. The left side unit
is about 1.5" narrower than the right. That gave me a matching gap between the
window sill and the walls on both sides.

That is a good tip. I was starting a major kitchen remodel on my old
house. The window was a double hung with a row of glass block on either
side. I was putting in a new smaller window. After taking out the old,
I would have centered it and bricked up the sides. Fortunately, my
step-father knew to measure and center it to the room. It was off by an
inch+ and would have played hell with wall cabinets.