Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default The Kitchen Bookcases - Finally Done

On 7/24/2018 7:45 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

Did you draw this in Sketchup? And if so did you draw that wall and
window?

Almost always I draw the room for a piece I am going to build. You
get to see what the results will look like before cutting wood.

Have you built up a library of some of your most common components?

Puckdropper

Actually, yes and no. I have a library of full extension slides that I
downloaded from the warehouse but I seldom use them. It is easier to
simply draw a rectangle with depth to represent the slide.

BUT I did draw one of the steel adjustable feet that I use on almost all
of my cabinets. The bottoms of the cabinets have to be at a certain
height to hide the feet so I use the foot component drawing to double
check fit for the real thing.

And I have the drawer/cabinet pull components that I designed and make
out of wood.

IF I were using the pro version I would be using dynamic components and
I would probably have a larger library.