Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Estimating KWh electicity billing using clamp-on amp meter

On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 11:28:39 AM UTC-4, Bubba wrote:
On 7/24/2018 9:53 AM, trader_4 wrote:
Take two generators built on a single shaft (the same way that three-phase generators are built on a single shaft) so that you get two 120VAC outputs that are 180 degrees out of phase. Would it be reasonable to call this two-phase power?

Bubba, what's your answer?

The transformer for my house has a single phase input.Â* The output of the transformer is single phase as well.Â* I don't have a two-phase generator on my utility pole.

There you have it, typical. Instead of responding to the simple questions
that go to the heart of the matter, just diversion. Others can note that
I responded to your oscilloscope connection question. Note that I also
gave you an opportunity to define for us what makes a system one phase,
two phase, N phase and then explain why residential doesn't meet the
definition of two phase. If you can't define it, then it becomes
arbitrary. Which is kind of what I and the moderator at the forum said,
it's just semantics.