Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.transport

Default Accelerator stuck wide open while car is going fast: what should you do?

In article ,
NY wrote:
What I have noticed with this car is that there is a horrendous about of
slack in the handbrake mechanism. If I brake to a halt on a gradient,
apply the handbrake and then release the footbrake, the car lurches
forwards or backwards (depending on gradient) before coming to a very
sudden stop. It feels like a lot of play, but it may only be an inch or
so of rotation.

Usually caused by wind up in the suspension, so nothing really to do with
the handbrake as such. If you had pure wishbone suspension with the
wishbones at right angles, it wouldn't happen. But most are usually angled
to a semi trailing design. To prevent plunge etc when braking.

--
*Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.