Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.transport
NY NY is offline

Default Accelerator stuck wide open while car is going fast: what should you do?

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
NY wrote:
I noticed that like a lot of cars with CVT (*), the engine runs
*very* fast (a lot faster than the most efficient speed of 1500 to
2000 rpm that the article mentions) and for a lot longer than a
driver of a manual car would choose to do

They don't have Otto cycle engine, instead Atkinson cycle engine, which is
more efficient though less powerful.

So the Auris doesn't actually have a conventional (Otto) petrol engine.
Never knew that. I'll have to Google what the differences are.