Joseph A. Rich

Default Fireplace chimmney?

snip
PS A cynical person would also ask whether the sweep is associated
with a seller of flue liners.

more snip

And speaking of flue liners. A sweep told me that I shouldn't burn anything
in my fireplaces until I got them lined. I have two "back-to-back" corner
fireplaces in my 1872 Victorian. The chimney is actually a huge 4-flue
chimney in which the fireplaces each go to one of the 4-flues. Any
suggestions on what kind of flue liner I should be looking at? The fireplaces
are used for asthetic purposes as opposed to heating the house.
I've heard of both chimney liners and "in the chimney" poured flue liners.
All advise is welcome.

Thanks,
Joe