Posted to uk.transport,uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Accelerator stuck wide open while car is going fast: what shouldyou do?

On 23/07/2018 01:01, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 22:28:53 +0100, Brian Reay wrote:

No all cars have an Acc posn on the Ign switch.

Indeed. And keyless ignition is usually 'press the button and it all goes
off'

You could use the handbrake partially, ie not full on.

Electric handbrake? (IYSWIM)

Good point.

Our Outlander has a 'hold' function which is the closest to a handbrake-
and a P position on the 'gear' stick. I'm curious how they will test it
come the MOT in 2.5 years or so.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud