Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Will she ever learn?

In message , at
06:11:59 on Sun, 22 Jul 2018, remarked:
On Sunday, 22 July 2018 13:48:47 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Following on from my other post about her using our railway system.
Will she ever learn that the trains and staff that run them in this
country are ****?

They aren't, and a lot of effort goes into the Travel Assistance system,
but it obviously doesn't always work.

What particularly doesn't work is:

(a) when people arrive with a buggy that apparently doesn't comply with
the Travel Assistance scheme.

It's not a wheelchair, it's not a folding buggy (which like folding
bikes are treated as luggage), and it's unlikely it has the
necessary permit for a non-folding buggy.

(b) when people are not in the correct carriage [with the wheelchair
space]. The platform staff apparently helped *someone* off the train
(presumably from the correct carriage) and at that point no doubt
thought their job was done.
--
Roland Perry