Jerry G.

Default spark plug life

If the lawnmower is sitting all winter without being used, the spark plug
may gum up. You can try to clean its contacts with some crocus cloth of a
medium find grade. I would prefer to change the plug every season, for
reliability.

If the spark plug is getting gummed up during the times of use, then you
have a problem with the motor. It is possible that it is not burning the
fuel properly, due to bad rings or seals, or you are using low grad fuel in
it. This means a motor rebuild.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Peter" wrote in message
om...
My lawnmower won't start again.
It is a four stroke Honda, the fuel supply is OK, the spark looks OK
when I take the plug out and rest it against the cylinder head and
pull the cord.
However, I know from experience, that as soon as I go down and buy a
new spark plug, the mower will work again. The plug seems to need
renewal, even though I have a small lawn, and it would have done no
more than 10 hours work, maximum.

What life do others get out of their plugs? Could I be missing
something?
Ta
Pete