Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton[_2_] Mathew Newton[_2_] is offline

Default Removing UPVC window

On Sunday, 22 July 2018 18:19:06 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:

Normally just frame fixings straight through the, erm frame, into the
masonry, can you see evidence of them on any openers?

Nothing on the opener, although I haven't remove the fixing glazing panel yet but I might just do that as surely anything inside that section will be obvious given the lack of need for any other fixings or hiding things for aesthetics.

I'd expect to see them there, you do hear of some of them being
installed with foam only ...

This a Persimmon house from 2007 so who knows! ;-) That said, I have honestly found the rest to be fairly well built and so if foam-only might be considered a bodge I think I'd be surprised if it had been done here.