Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] teknoskillz@gmail.com is offline

Default Ipod 6th Battery replacement

So I undertook the task of opening it up and unsoldering the old battery.
Its out, however
during the moving around of the chassis, the little square piece which is I
guess the camera
assy popped off -

http://www.mediafire.com/view/w0y5fz...M0482.JPG/file

Tried pressing it back on but it dont seem to stay in place, so I am
thinking using a tiny dab of contact cement
in the corners and maybe a clothespin long enough to clamp it overnight.

Also the piece that popped off seems to have a little bit of discoloring on
the tiny lense, which probably would come off with some
windex on a q tip. Was just wondering if that is ok or would alcohol be
harmful to the lense?

I took a peek at that tiny lense on the end of the cable, and its got
several tiny smd caps mounted around the perimiter. At first they
looked like some kind of edge guide...had to go to extreme mag to even see
the detail.