Iowa883

Default spark plug life

I have a Rumely Oil Pull tractor that was made in 1927 . It is ran ever yera
in 90+ degree temps. It is finally on it 2nd pair of plugs as of 2 years
ago.
So, either they don't make them like they used to (probably the case) or you
have something else wrong.
Iowa883

"Peter" wrote in message
om...
My lawnmower won't start again.
It is a four stroke Honda, the fuel supply is OK, the spark looks OK
when I take the plug out and rest it against the cylinder head and
pull the cord.
However, I know from experience, that as soon as I go down and buy a
new spark plug, the mower will work again. The plug seems to need
renewal, even though I have a small lawn, and it would have done no
more than 10 hours work, maximum.

What life do others get out of their plugs? Could I be missing
something?
Ta
Pete