Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lost my ladders on the motorway

On 20/07/2018 19:45, Terry Casey wrote:
In article ,
says...

Worse one I saw was on M25 near Watford, probably ~16 years ago.

The strangest one I ever saw was in the same area about 10
years before your's.

It was about 10pm and I was on my way to do some nightwork
somewhere up the M1.

As I came round a curve, I was aware of a few slow moving cars
ahead of me in Lane 3.

Lanes 1 & 2 and the hard shoulder were occupied by an artic
which had its cab buried in the embankment alongside the
motorway at that point.

Some cars had already stopped to help so I carried on and
oozed past the back of the trailer. At this point I was
surprised to see three lanes of stationary traffic in the
opposite direction!

The HGV had obviously broken through the central barrier so,
at first sight, there was no longer any obstruction.

I then became aware of loads of cabbages or something of
similar size in the headlights that were scattered all over
the other carriageway, obviously the load that the HGV was
carrying when the problem started.

When I came back about 6am, the M25 was still closed and I
went down the M10 (now the A414) as usual except that instead
of being virtually deserted, as usual, it was full of HGVs and
artics nose to tail!

The best one I have seen was a 4x4 stopped on the hard-shoulder of the
M62. Up the embankment was an Escort, virtually intact and sat on its
wheels. On top of the escort, sat perfectly aligned with it, sat the
twin-axled trailer that had been transporting it ... also the right way
up! How the hell he managed that I don't know.

SteveW