Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How to size motor start cap?

On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 06:49:27 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 7:09:27 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Oh, be nice, or would trial by combat be a better way
to settle the matter?

On Trial-by-Combat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua_TZ84hmEA
Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

At a former employer, I would sometimes bring my fencing kit (foils,
mask, gloves, conductive jacket, helmet, buzzer, etc) to work. The
kit would usually live in my truck, and only be dragged inside for a
quick show and tell, or to repair the badly designed contact buzzer.
Someone walked into my office, saw the foil, and decided that dueling
must be my favored method of settling disputes. Within days, everyone
knew that I was armed to the teeth and that I was prepared to do
battle with anyone that criticized my decisions. I had no idea that
the story had become so distorted.

At the next design review meeting, I was asked to leave all weaponry
at the door and that company policy forbids bloodshed during working
hours. I still didn't understand what was happening, until someone
mentioned the fencing foils. When I proclaimed that my kit was in my
truck, everyone seemed to visibly relax.

About a year later, I gave a quick fencing demonstration with a friend
in the parking lot during lunch. It went well and we all went back
inside when lunch was over. However, someone apparently called the
police. At some point, fencing morphed into dueling, which the police
interpreted as using dueling pistols. When the SWAT team eventually
arrived, there was nothing to see, so they surrounded the building and
started to evacuate the neighboring businesses. I'm going to skip
over the next hour and just say the police left looking rather
disappointed. Of course, management was not thrilled, but eventually
concluded that it wasn't really my fault that things escalated out of
control.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D