Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Help with printer selecton

On 19/07/2018 11:25, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 18/07/2018 09:38, Broadback wrote:
I have a HP Photosmart 7520 printer. It gets intermittent use, the
problem is it needs sorting almost every time I wish to use it. The
cartridges dry, or some other problem develops. I suspect it is not
happy with spending quite long periods of time idle. I am seriously
considering getting a laser printer, are these as liable to problems
through inactivity? If not would someone care to make a recommendation?
I would like colour but an associated scanner is not necessary. TIA

Kyocera
I have a mono at work and colour at home.
Toner cartridges are cheap as chips (aftermarket ones)

Downside... Only that colour LASER printers are pretty big and lasers in
general can be a bit of a Chinese puzzle to find your way into the murky
depths to resolve a paper jam but YouTube has come to my assistance a
couple of times although even with cheap thin paper I use at work jams
are few and far between.

Thank you all for the suggestions and pointers. In th end I went for the
Samsung Mx301. Apart from lack of information on removing all the
rubbish it was easy to install. I am pleased with the print quality.