Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help with printer selecton

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
My inkjet printed posters on normal paper are visibly faded after 2-3
weeks under glass or perspex outdoors in full sunlight. Laser printed
ones survive all conditions and the ink doesn't run if rain gets in.

Early inkjet ink seemed to suffer from both of those. My current ink jet
is an order of magnitude better. And doesn't clog up anything like as
quickly. Seems OK only used once a month or so.

+1

Although even today the inks are nowhere near as stable as the gold
standard of Cibachrome or Fuji Crystal Archive (which are pretty much
indestructible in very harsh conditions for a long time).

--
Regards,
Martin Brown