Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Help with printer selecton

Definitely not.
I've left mine idle for weeks. However the odd thing is that the older hp
printers never used to have dry out or clogging issues it only seems to be
the more modern one I have a 720 c and 840c and they are still running, and
as long as compatible ink is around they are fine for very small print jobs.
If you are printing photos though, I don't know what lasers are like for
that.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Broadback" wrote in message
news
I have a HP Photosmart 7520 printer. It gets intermittent use, the problem
is it needs sorting almost every time I wish to use it. The cartridges dry,
or some other problem develops. I suspect it is not happy with spending
quite long periods of time idle. I am seriously considering getting a laser
printer, are these as liable to problems through inactivity? If not would
someone care to make a recommendation? I would like colour but an
associated scanner is not necessary. TIA