Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help with printer selecton

On 18/07/2018 10:48, alan_m wrote:
On 18/07/2018 10:12, wrote:

No-one should be buying inkjets now. Get a laser. They don't care how
long they sit around for.

It all depends on what you are doing with the colour. If it's just
blocks of colour on a document then laser. if its photographic quality
then an inkjet is probably gives lot better results for the cost of
running.

I've given up on inkjets, they have always dried and clogged by the next
time I need them. I use a colour laser printer for everything.

For the few photos I need printing in good quality (for giving to
relatives or school), I just get them printed on a commercial, pay per
print machine.

Alternatively, have a colour laser printer for general use and a cheap
dye sublimation printer for the odd photo.

SteveW