Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Help with printer selecton

In article ,
wrote:
On Wednesday, 18 July 2018 09:38:59 UTC+1, Broadback wrote:
I have a HP Photosmart 7520 printer. It gets intermittent use, the
problem is it needs sorting almost every time I wish to use it. The
cartridges dry, or some other problem develops. I suspect it is not
happy with spending quite long periods of time idle. I am seriously
considering getting a laser printer, are these as liable to problems
through inactivity? If not would someone care to make a recommendation?
I would like colour but an associated scanner is not necessary. TIA

No-one should be buying inkjets now. Get a laser. They don't care how
long they sit around for.

Interstingly, Epson no longer make laser printers. Instead they have
inkjets which can take tanks of ink rathern than tiny cartridges.

I have a number of printers, the main one is an A3 colour laser, no 2 is
aan A4 mono laser. I've also got an A3 colour photo quality inkjet which is
now very rarely used a portable inkjet which can accompany my laptop,

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England