Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default Help with printer selecton

In message , alan_m
writes
On 18/07/2018 10:12, wrote:

No-one should be buying inkjets now. Get a laser. They don't care how
long they sit around for.

It all depends on what you are doing with the colour. If it's just
blocks of colour on a document then laser. if its photographic quality
then an inkjet is probably gives lot better results for the cost of
running.

I can't say I've noticed much difference having moved entirely from
inkjets to lasers. Both the low end colour lasers (Dell and HP) produce
acceptable photos to hand round to the family.
As I have probably posted before, the Dell is a free replacement for one
that had a paper jam that couldn't be cleared by the owner, me or Dell.
It has been fine here since the owner gave it to me.
I'd love to hear if anyone who has an HP like mine with its 3D scanner
has got the scanner to do anything interesting.

Beware of using some coated paper in a laser printer. The high
temperatures can mess with the drum when the coating melts (at least I
thinkk that's what did for my antique ex-office laser).
--
Bill