Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Help with printer selecton

On Wed, 18 Jul 2018 09:38:56 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

I have a HP Photosmart 7520 printer. It gets intermittent use, the
problem is it needs sorting almost every time I wish to use it. The
cartridges dry, or some other problem develops. I suspect it is not
happy with spending quite long periods of time idle.

I think that can be the case, some more that others.

I am seriously
considering getting a laser printer, are these as liable to problems
through inactivity?

Not typically.

If not would someone care to make a recommendation?

I think it's partly down to budget. Like many similar things often the
cheapest units have the most expensive consumables (eased if you can
get aftermarket carts or quality refills).

I would like colour but an associated scanner is not necessary. TIA

I'm currently running a Ricoh SP C252SF but I was given it s/h.

It's colour, full duplex and networked, the most important things for
me. It also has a networkable scanner with auto doc feeder but I
generally only use it for single pages.

It's on all the time but sleeps within 5 mins and then only draws a
few watts.

It was replaced with an HP SOHO MF colour laser and he is equally
happy with that.

Cheers, T i m