Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lost my ladders on the motorway

In article ,
"Brian Gaff" writes:
Back when I was young and could see our family used to go all over the
place and I've seen all sorts of potential accidents with stuff attached to
cars and trucks. I think one of the most impressive on a family car was a
roof box that seemed to just explode at speed and all the contents flew up
in the air and went all over the M1 near Watford I think it was. Luckily
most people managed to avoided the tent and assorted bits of debris. I can
only assume it was not made very well and air got inside and blew it to bits
from within.
The really scary ones are big trucks with loads tat are obviously shifting
due to poor securing. Whole palette loads of cardboard boxes for example
just ending up on the road. Luckily for us on the opposite side of the
road.

Worse one I saw was on M25 near Watford, probably ~16 years ago.
A brewer's truck on opposite carriageway had hit the central barrier
and loads of beer kegs came out through the side and had head-on
collisions with vehicles on my side. Several had gone through car
windscreens, and many smashed in collisions so there was beer all
over the road. As far as I could see, no one was injured which was
truely amazing given the mess. I was 4-5 cars back from the cars
that took the full force of the kegs.

--
Andrew Gabriel