Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Bud@Weiser.com is offline

Default How do I wash off plumber's putty from my hands?

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 17:01:55 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Turpentine is the go to removal product!

Yikes!* Anything not so harsh?

Try mineral spirits. You may get it off with linseed oil and they you
can wash that off with soap.

I have used a lot of plumbers putty. It's just a putty based on an oil,
which is like linseed oil. It's pretty darn harmless. If anything it
might add some needed oil to dry skin. I can understand not wanting to
get it into your food, but it's not hard to remove. Any degreaser and
some hot water will take it off. Dawn dish detergent comes to mind. Put
the Dawn on your hands straight, rub well, and rinse with hot water.

Or use those hand cleaners like Goop or Gojo made for mechanics.
Everyone who does auto or home repair should have some of that stuff at
home. It's cheap and it works!