PAUL100

Default elec. code for heater in bathroom

Subject: elec. code for heater in bathroom
From: Michael Press
Date: 1/5/2004 9:13 AM Eastern Standard Time

The master bathroom in my house is freezing in winter. I'm thinking
of installing a wall heater or portable heater that I could put on a
timer to run just for a couple of hours in the morning. I have 2

1) Install an electric wall heater. There's an outlet on the other
side of the wall in where I'd install the heater, so I could run power
to it easily. The heater would be 2ft from the toilet, 4-5ft from the
shower and 6ft from the bath. It would be in a corner, almost under a
window (the window's on the other wall formed by the corner).

2) Install an outlet, presumably a GFI, in the same location, and plug
in a portable heater on a timer.

Any opinions? Are there any electrical code issues I should know
about?

Thanks,
Michael

What about replacing your exhaust vent (if you have one) with a combonation
exhaust vent and heater.