Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default How much extra do people affiliated with Home Advisor charge?

In article , in says...

I bought a new shower sliding door and went online to find someone to install it. The person who
contacted me from Home Advisor wanted $425 to install the door and cart the old door away. I then
went to Home Depot where I bought the door and asked for a recommendation. That recommendation gave
me a couple of choices and I selected the one who did the job for $185. Question: Do people
associated with Home Advisor generally charge at the high end of a range of possibilities?

I used them to have a roof put on. Got 4 calls within that many hours
or less. The two low bids was about $ 8000, one was $ 12000 and one was
about $ 18,000. All for about the same quality shingles.