Banty

Default Dog Crap on Front Yard

In article , Larry Bud says...

Brian Henderson wrote in message
On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 19:30:05 GMT, "Ace" wrote:

Do like I did and it solved the problem. Find out whose dog it is that is
****ting on your property, then scoop it up and dump it in the middle of
their driveway at night. After a while they will get tired of cleaning up
the **** in their driveway and get the message. My case is now solved!

Actually, you can get fined for doing that. It's just as illegal to
dump dog droppings in thier yard (whether or not it actually comes out
of your dog or not) as it is for them to have their dog deposit it in
yours.

Perhaps you can technically get fined, but who's going to complain,
the original offender?

"Officer, I let my dog **** on this guy's lawn, and he put it on my
property!"

Heh. First of all, it's more likely going to be "Officer, I don't know what's
going on, my dog NEEEEHVVVVVERRR **** on his property, but this nutcase is
putting dog**** on *my* property". (What - someone like that wouldn't lie??
Heh.) *If* there's property to be spoken of. Again - look at the original post
- these are dogowners from a nearby apartment house complex.

Secondly, it's not a strong situation - even if the dogowner is honest and he's
another homeowner, the *best* you can claim is that 'he did it first' - which in
the eyes of the law isn't as strong a point as it is to 5 year old squabbling
siblings and certain posters here. It is just plain two offences; two
offenders.

Not great.

Banty (this process of thinking things through to likely outcomes is just sooo
irritating, isn't it ;-)