Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Please help identify switch

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 7:37:18 PM UTC-4, Nil wrote:
On 15 Jul 2018, dpb wrote in alt.home.repair:

http://rednoise.vacau.com/temp/switch/

www.newark.com
www.digikey.com

Oftentimes such are OEM-specific so you have to find something
that meets function rather than specific 1:1 replacement.

It would be helpful if there were a Leviton part no besides the
ratings; what they show is you need something rated 3A @ 125VAC.

I see no part number, but you may be right about it being an OEM part.
"Leviton" is embossed on the plastic/Bakelite back, but "UND LAB INC"
is engraved on the metal,

That's Underwriters Lab, which means it's UL certified. It has nothing
to do with who make it, which is Leviton. I seriously doubt it's a
custome part, it was probably a common Leviton switch at the time, no
need for anything fancy for that application. The key things are the
mounting hole size and that space is not tight behind it. In which
case you should be able to find one that fits. Hole is probably a
standard size, you could ream it out if need be I guess. It also
needs to be rated for 125V, 3A or higher.

and that appears to be an actual company
name. I sent an email to Leviton, but don't really expect them to
respond. Meanwhile, I will cook wearing my miner's helmet.