Posted to alt.home.repair
BQ340 BQ340 is offline

Default Please help identify switch

On 7/15/2018 5:15 PM, Nil wrote:
I hope someone here can help me identify this switch or an equivalent
one. It's from an old (late '70s) GE range hood. There are a pair of
pushbutton switches - one controls the fan - push once for high speed,
push again for low, push again for off. The light switch is similar -
push once for bright, again for dim, again for off. The light switch
has failed. It's a mechanical failure, it won't pop out any more. I
will replace it when I can find another of its kind.

This one is a Leviton brand. It looks like the push or rotary switches
I've seen on many light fixtures. I see some such switches referred to
as "canopy" switches. Engraved on the front copper face is:

UND.LAB.INC.LIST.
1A-250V
3A-125V
3A-125 V.A.C.-L
SA (in a circle)

Can anyone help steer me in the right direction? Pictures at:

http://rednoise.vacau.com/temp/switch/

Looks like a standard 3 speed fan push switch

https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/54...SABEgKB8PD_BwE

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ES15102-G...l13=&veh= sem