Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Can anyone tell me why this isnt complete ********

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 19:27:05 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

T i m wrote:

Dave Plowman wrote:

plenty vehicles have motorised tailgates, so why not doors too?

I guess because they would also have to have proximity sensors on them
to stop them automatically opening onto another car?

Do the remote tailgates have such to stop them hitting low garage /
carpark ceilings?

No, my previous estate had a power tailgate, whenever I had the roofrack
fitted I had to remember not to use the opener, or it would ram itself
into the roof rack, at least if you forgot you could stick your arm in
the way and it sensed the force you were pushing back at it, but it had
no proximity sensors to stop it hitting stuff.

Ok, thanks, I had wondered 'what if'.

Cheers, T i m