Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Can anyone tell me why this isnt complete ********

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 12:10:14 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

You still need a hand free to pull a door open so it's not an
advantage there (unless you have gesture triggered auto doors as
well)?

Well plenty vehicles have motorised tailgates, so why not doors too?

I guess because they would also have to have proximity sensors on them
to stop them automatically opening onto another car?

Do the remote tailgates have such to stop them hitting low garage /
carpark ceilings?

I'm usually a bit ahead of gadget makers. The 'wouldn't it be nice'
syndrome. Which also means I can't really see the point of some of them.

Similar here.

So often they tend to end up being a compromise between what's really
needed and what can be achieved at a price. Like one of those things that
can play music for you on a voice command. Where the audio quality is
distinctly average.

Daughters Corsa (and our kitcar) sill have manual window winders and
they are a boon if the driver has jumped out, taken the keys and left
you sitting in the heat.

All the 23 years I had the Sierra Estate I can't remember ever
dreaming of electric windows (or electric sunroof or anything else
'electric' for that matter) and that made it KISS. ;-)

I can see the 'appeal' of key based personality for say the drivers
seat positions but even at 6'2" and her 5' 6", neither of us has
really had an issue adjusting the seat to suit and probably quicker
than any 'automatic' solution.

The only 'thing' that might test my 'comforts' level would be aircon
.... but typically only really an issue for a couple of weeks a year?

But then I'm also a 'motorcyclist' so am pretty used to only having
the basics (and only have a fuel gauge on one of my bikes and that's
the one aimed at car drivers / commuters (YP250 scooter)). ;-)

Cheers, T i m