Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can anyone tell me why this isnt complete ********

On 15/07/18 12:29, NY wrote:
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
T i m wrote:

Is this whole keyless entry / start a solution to a problem that
didn't exist?

I think so, my car doesn't have keyless entry, but it does have
keyless start, I don't see the point, it just leaves you having to
decide what to do with the keys other than put them in the ignition ...

Leave them in your trouser pocket or handbag where you would keep them
when you weren't putting them in the ignition switch of a car that
didn't have keyless entry.

Keyless start may have a very small benefit. *Automatic* keyless
unlocking of doors (unless the user can disable it, requiring a manual
press of the button on the key) would seem to be a very big hijacking
risk, especially for women on their own, and also a risk of opportunist
theft from the car as the owner first comes into range.

Like Samsung's stupid curved phone screens that make it impossible to
put a decent case on, nor hold without confusing the phone:

automatic door opening is something invented by retards.

My Tucson boot would open if you stood near it. Luckily you can disable
that ******** in the config.