Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can anyone tell me why this isnt complete ********

NY wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

it just leaves you having to decide what to do with the keys other
than put them in the ignition ...

Leave them in your trouser pocket or handbag where you would keep them
when you weren't putting them in the ignition switch of a car that
didn't have keyless entry.

If I've got my big bunch with me, it's uncomfortable to shove them in a
pocket while driving. It sounds finicky, but after decades of getting
into a car, I automatically have the keys in my hand ready to do
something with them ...

*Automatic* keyless unlocking of doors (unless the user can disable
it, requiring a manual press of the button on the key) would seem to
be a very big hijacking risk, especially for women on their own, and
also a risk of opportunist theft from the car as the owner first
comes into range.

Mine isn't, so I don't know what the range is on keyless entry. I have
the car set for one press to unlock driver's door only, two presses for
passenger doors.