Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Can anyone tell me why this isnt complete ********

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 09:08:57 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

snip

Maybe the crimmos down under haven't figured it out yet ...

I have watch some of those Police down under TV shows and I love the
way they have so many / alternative words that end in 'o'.

The most blatant being 'Bottle-o' ... and 'rego', 'servo' and 'ambo'

Same with peoples names too, tommo, davo, robbo, johno, speedo etc.

plus the others that don't but are possibly unique to Auz like
'carby', 'bingle' 'troppo' and 'ute'.

And pom, pov, leso etc.

The funny thing is hearing their Cops use such terms. ;-)

One of the earlier reality TV series had the cops in their
cars being recorded. One hell of a political stink about
them dropping the f bomb every second sentence but
charging members of the public when doing that.