Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Can anyone tell me why this isnt complete ********

"pamela" wrote in message
On 15:04 14 Jul 2018, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

The Natural Philosopher pretended :

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...-keys-tin-foil
-stolen-safety-UK

How can a key wrapped in tinfoil even open a car?

You misunderstood...

The key is read remotely by the thief, which then allows the thief
to send the correct code to the car, to open it, start it and
drive it away. Owners keeping the keys in tinfoil, or a Faraday
screen, prevents a thief from remotely reading the key.

Likewise, the contactless debit/credit cards, they can be remotely
scanned and the data used to make purchases by thieves. I keep my
cards in my wallet, inserted into the outer pocket of which, is a
sheet of metal foil.

In reality, how easy is it for a thief to use RF to read your credit
card? Surely they need to get very close.

Indeed. Its mindless paranoia.