Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default New HVAC system --2 stage a/c; variable speed heat/fan

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 10:27:19 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/14/2018 10:14 AM, DanT2590 wrote:
A friend of mine who owns a HVAC repair/installation installed a 5 ton
compressor that's 2 stage. But it is connected to a variable speed
blower/heater. I'm not sure that it's working correctly.
How do I know it's set up correctly? Why did I buy a variable speed heating
unit and only use 2 speeds??
I'd like some advice if anyone could give it to me! Is there someone I can
call and talk to? I hate complaining to my friend that installed it!

I'd not complain to him, but there is no harm in asking for an
explanation of how it is working. Technically, if it changes from high
to low it is a variance.

My unit is top secret. Low seems to come on for a few minutes for air
exchange. Then the cooling or heat comes on. This is a 14 SEER
matching HVAC (in/out). Heck, it went from a 50 amp to only having 40
amp fuses at the disconnect.

You must have a huge house in the desert to need 5 tons.

If so... @ some point use zones

Mine is only 2-2.5 ton.