Joseph O'Brien

Default repairing old windows

I'm looking for a practical guide to repairing old windows. I
initially bought "Repairing Old and Historic Windows" by the New York
Landmarks Conservancy, which pointed me in many of the right
directions. However, it assumes a certain comfort level with
woodworking and is written more for contractors and the property
owners who hire them. I'm a homeowner with limited woodworking skills
and resources. I know I could probably hire someone to do it, but I
would really like to do it myself, perhaps over the course of a few
years.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
joseph