Rob

Default Identifying my snowblower???

I purchased a used snowblower this weekend and I am unable find a
model # and serial #. I have checked the usual locations all around
the chassis, but I assume the tag is missing.
The snowblower is an 8hp 26" made by MTD. It is yellow and black with
chrome handle bars. The control panel has the throttle control, a key
switch, and says SnowFlite in orange and black. it has 5 speeds
forward and 2 back (friction drive).
Assuming that the Tecumseh engine is the original I would suspect that
the year is 1988 or 1989 based upon the serial number of the engine.
I would really like to get the model number so that I can by
replacement parts. If anyone can help identify this machine I would
greatly appreciate it
Thanks!