RB

Default Ceiling fans simply pull toilet odors and airborne germs up intothe air

True. But I've also been in Japanese rest rooms (in some upscale
buildings) that had nothing more than a hole in the floor. Admittedly
it was a very attractive tiled hole.

RB

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
Reminds me of the old American Standard "Ventaway" toilets. IIRC you
pulled up on the handle before you sat down and a steady flow of water
somehow pulled air into the bowl and out down the drain or up the vent.
We used to call them "fartcatchers".

Didn't seem to be enough demand for them to keep making them, and I
suspect they'd be outlawed as water wasters nowadays.

But I bet the Japanese have this one solved, they are absolutely anal
about exotic crappers. (pun intended.)

Jeff

--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

to blame it on."

Bill Berdux wrote:

Ceiling fans are for removing moisture, not odors, however they do
pull gas and harmful germs up into the bathroom air. A vented toilet
seat (Miracle Seat - www.miracleseat.com) that comes equipped with a
fan vacuums toilet odors and germs from the toilet bowl before they
can escape into the air. The exhaust duct can be connected to the
dryer duct, an existing ceiling fan duct or run to an exterior vent.