Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Panasonic DMR-ES20 DVD Recorder Issue

On 12/07/18 16:03, wrote:
Hi,

I have a Panasonic DVD recorder issue. When you plug it in (AC outlet),
the rolling "ooooooo" (initializing/recovery) never ends. I can force it to
go into standby by holding the Power button (on front panel) for 10 seconds.
Now there is a flashing "12:00". Next, I press the power button on unit or
remote, and a "Hello" appears. Normally, the "Hello" appears for a few
seconds, then goes away. Now, "Hello" stays on for hours. I did not wait to
see how many hours. Note: If I hold the power button for 10 seconds on the
unit, the display changes back to the flashing "12:00". However, I still can
NOT use this recorder.

PLEASE do NOT make suggestions because I have been there and
done that (years of electronics service repair background).

All of them done without component diagnosis?

Sounds like a processor code crash. Noisy power rails. Bad supply
decoupling.

Service manual should be about?

--
Adrian C