Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Help: Phillips screw 1/2 inch from the wall

On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 8:05:41 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 12:49:38 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 7/5/2018 7:07 PM, Michael wrote:
I'm trying to remove a triangle-shaped entertainment center installed
in the corner of the room. It is mounted using vertical cleats, with
small head, longish phillips screws about 1/2 inch from the wall and in
tight spaces (going in sideways). If I had full access with my drill
driver, no problem. Out in a second. But the diameter of my drill
driver won't let me get the bit flush with the screw. If I angle it,
I'll strip it, and there's not enough room anyway. They are in there
really good, and they are longish, and I've had no luck getting enough
pressure on an offset screwdriver to get it done manually.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I have found that an impact river will remove stripped head Phillips screws.

Sometimes. And sometimes the screw wins.

https://i.imgur.com/zU0PYrP.jpg

I just did that about an hour ago trying to remove those damn rotor screws
that Honda uses.

The drill was much faster. ;-)

The subject was about removing stripped screws in wood.

As Yogi once said "It's deja vu all over again." ;-)

Didn't you say the same thing on July 8th?