Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The varifocals have arrived

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

That's the beauty of contact lenses.

I agree in terms of giving excellent width of vision, but having tried
rigid gas permeable and daily soft ones several times, they always seem
to 'droop' and need frequent blinking to keep them central on my eyeball.

If a gas permeable type 'droops' it's down to poor design. Something to do
with the curvature on the inside, IIRC.

The days of smokey pubs were pretty bad for the RGP ones ...

Never gave me a problem. Been wearing hard lenses since 1970.

--
*Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.