Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default The varifocals have arrived

On 11/07/2018 16:23, ARW wrote:
Obviously I put them straight on to try them.

Wow.

There is some wobbly stairs effect but it is not that bad. Certainly
nothing to worry about.

Using the computer seems odd. Looking down at the keyboard and then
straight up at the screen I very clear picture with both. If the monitor
is closer than arms length then that does not work.

I am however not going to wear them for the rest of the day. I might
wear them to watch the match for a couple of hours tonight but I do not
intend to walk or drive in them.

When I first had varifocals I found it difficult to drive my car through
narrow gaps so I did not wear them for driving. I went on a a holiday in
the USA and there I had to wear them so that I could read my GPS and see
where the car was going. The roads there are generally wider so I was
not having to position the car very precisely. However I did get used
to driving with varifocals and have used them ever since.

--
Michael Chare