Mad Mac

Default Kenmore Elite Dryer keeps BEEPING...please help.

Kumar wrote:
Beeping does not stop (the beep sounds like when you push the
buttons). There is no pattern to the beeping. When I unplug the
machine, the beeping seems to go away for a bit, but then returns
after plugging back in and choosing a cycle. Dryer heater and tumbler
are STILL ON when this is occuring. I have cleaned the sensor with
alcohol, I have also cleaned the entire lint trap system to make sure
there were no clogs. Also, it won't allow me to go out of "Cotton
High Heat" mode now. It won't let me "stop/cancel". I can only
change "modes" when i unplug the unit and plug it back in. This is
driving my wife and me nutz...anyone know if this is known issue or
any other groups I can post this issue to? I'm fairly technical, so
if it needs new parts, I can probably change.

thanks in advance!

Kumar.

First thing we need from you is a full model and serial number - you
should find them on a little label inside the dryer door. Model number
should begin 110. and serial number should be M with another letter and
seven numbers. This information will help us to identify exactly what
model you have.

From what you describe, this sounds like an electronic touchpad model -
there should be a tech sheet inside the console which will give you some
info as to how to run a diagnostic cycle on the dryer. Check
http://ng.appliance411.com/ , http://www.applianceaid.com/ or
http://groups.msn.com/appliantology for some pictures and advice to help
you on just getting into the machine, loads of other good info on those
sites too.

There are several excellent appliance guys on here (Dan O. and Jeff
being just two), we should be able to get you sorted out.