Billy

Default Slippery Hardwood Steps

I just spent several thousand dollars on ripping up carpeting in the entire
house (including several staircases), and then I learn that hardwood steps
are extremely slippery. My wife was wearing socks, and she slipped and fell
with our 3 month baby in her arms. Just missed his head on the railing.

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to provide a safe and nice looking
DIY solution to oak hardwood steps to prevent the slip? I do not want to
carpet the entire step, because we still want the look of the hardwood, and
also can't afford to recarpet everything back to eliminate the hardwood.