Banty

Default Dog Crap on Front Yard

In article , Jim Yanik says...

Banty wrote in
:

In article , RB says...

Does he kick sand in your face at the beach too? Charles Atlas made a
business from people who were afraid to take action.

These sorts of answers amaze me. Hasn't it occurred to anyone that
the apartment dwellers with dogs may see themselves as Charles Atlases
as well? Wouldn't said person with dog just as likely also have an
ethos that ain't nobody pushes him around neither??!? And, compared
to a homeowner, have less at stake to boot?

I take it that some folks here just feel good posting this stuff, some
kinda catharsis. But I suspect the OP has too wide a view of the
situation, and too much mental capacity to think through to
consequences to give this stuff much mind. Thankfully.

Banty

First,there are laws against assaulting a person,and ones against cruelty
to animals.Then,it's also legitimate self-defense on the dog owners'
part;you might not survive the assault.
It's also not very smart to attack a dog owner while his dog is within
reach.

Well, yeah. And not only that - it just doesn't move things toward the desired
solution (especially when you have a diffuse bunch of apartment dwellers to deal
with). The mousy dog handler who backs off when the homeowner puffs up his
chest may well make *that* lawn the *preferred* doggie-do locale from then on
whenever he notices that the homeowner's car isn't in the driveway. (And
question him about it - believe me it'll nevvvvver nevvver be hiiim - it surely
must be some ooooother apartment dweller...)

Unless the OP is willing to sit shotgun on his front porch 24/7, the tough guy
intimidation tactics just plain aren't going to work.

Banty