Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Difficult customer

"Whatever, I think the customer doesn't have much of a clue about what he has, and how best to use it."

Tell me about it, god damn, people are clueless.

When I worked at the music store a couple years ago, they had a digital effects box. this is meant to go in the effects loop of an amp or a mixer. they had it right between the guitar and the amp. HELLO, this thing is designed to operate on 300 or 400 mV, not TWO that you are giving it !

Also, with idiots like that in the field of music, ΒΌ" soewaker cables should be outlawed. A speaker cable is used on the input from the guitar to amp and they wonder why it hums. And then a shielded cable designed for low level, they plug a speaker into a 400 watt amp with it and wonder why it goes bad.

There's more, they had a little band, actually not bad, but the guy decided he wanted a speaker switcher on these two amps, one was BTL and the other wasn't. Blew the breaker in the wall. Yeah - "I never connected them together". Well then how come we got blown outputs in both and they blew the main circuit before the internal AC fuses blew ?

One time they could tell I drank the night before, and I mean drank. I wasn't feeling all that great, not a hangover but kinda close. so I go to say my goodbyes at the end of the day and the boss says "Get you to a bar immediately". Well he had a heart attack and is dead and I am alive, and he was about ten years younger than I. So there. Rot. Meantime I will be well preserved. LOL

Phil likes to **** with me but so what ? I know what the **** I am doing and nobody can take that away. They are fixing my eyes this year and I am getting my resume' or CV whatever ready. If nobody bites I will start my own enterprise, and then pay zero taxes. HAHA.

I was in very bad physical shape but that is changing. They told me I almost died after the injury, but I didn't. Almost died is my middle name and I will be baack.

At any rate, people are so clueless, they'll plug a magnetic cartridge into a tape loop and wonder why it is not loud enough, and a tuner into the phono and wonder why it is so muffled and distorted.

Seems to me if you had a way to dispose of the bodies...