Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Help: Phillips screw 1/2 inch from the wall

On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 17:07:51 -0700 (PDT), Michael
wrote:

I'm trying to remove a triangle-shaped entertainment center installed in the corner of the room.
It is mounted using vertical cleats, with small head, longish phillips screws about 1/2 inch
from the wall and in tight spaces (going in sideways). If I had full access with my drill driver, no problem.
Out in a second. But the diameter of my drill driver won't let me get the bit flush with the screw.
If I angle it, I'll strip it, and there's not enough room anyway.
They are in there really good, and they are longish, and I've had no luck getting enough
pressure on an offset screwdriver to get it done manually.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/pag...411,43422&ap=1