Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default smoke alarm with montoring delay

On Thursday, July 5, 2018 at 8:35:22 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/5/2018 12:00 AM, micky wrote:

I was hoping there were smoke detectors that themselves had the delay,
that squealed locally at the first notice of smoke, but didn't alert the
monitoring company until some later time. 30 seconds just isn't
enough.

While you and I think it makes sense, someone will sue the alarm company
because there was a 60 second delay in response and their cat died in
the fire.

That's probably about it. I wish there were smoke detectors that first
started with a reasonable beeping for 30 secs to give you time to get
to it with a dish towel and move the smoke away when you're there and
know it's from opening the oven, before it goes off at 150db.