Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] no@none.invalid is offline

Default Australian supermarkets work to prevent "bag rage" as plastics ban takes effect

On Tue, 03 Jul 2018 14:48:46 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 3 Jul 2018 09:34:33 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
wrote:

Studies have shown them to be germ/virus breeding grounds
and make people sick.

"Muggles" wrote in message
news
: We always opt to use paper bags when we forget to bring our re-usable
: fabric bags with us, which is not very often.
:
: --
: Maggie

I am sure someone makes a decent fabric bag but the ones the store
sells for $1-3 are crap. A few trips through the laundry or a month or
2 in the car and they fall apart.
Why is it so hard for people to just put the plastic bags in the
trash? If you really want to recycle them there is a barrel at the
store that takes them ... and throws them in the trash I suppose.
NBC was on the air last week with a story that most of the US
"recycle" is going to the landfill anyway because the Chinese won't
take it anymore. I imagine we were paying them to get rid of it for
us.

I always thought they would be able to use shredded plastic for 3d
printing.